ChimeWorks memberships allow access to many pertinent articles regarding teaching music to age groups from kindergarten through 6th grade. Extremely important to us is for you to have access to lesson plans, teaching aids and theory based on the appropriate fundamental paradigms.
With respect to the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), we note the verbiage of the acts and its relationship to the Chimeworks structure. Also of note here is a section regarding the opportunity to apply for "formula funding" federal grants which are specifically designated for music and arts education.
We have also posted the National Association for Music Education standards (NAfME) from which we created a four point model. We show how each downloadable lesson plan was composed conforming to at least one point and how to use these plans in the classroom. Within this same structure is addressing levels of music difficulty, and teaching early music levels with the use of icons and color, accompaniment music and whiteboards.
As we write articles that address these points and more, we will post them, so do come back often!
Current Articles Available to Members Include:
- Assessment with the ChimeWorks Program
- ChimeWorks, The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and What It Means to You
- The Handbell and Handchime Music Difficulty Level System
- National Association for Music Education (NafME) 2014 Music Education
- Repertoire for Handchimes
- Understanding Icon Lesson Plans
- Using Colored Bands to Optimize Teaching
- Adaptable Lesson Plans for KidsPlay® Bells, Boomwhackers® and More!
- Choosing the Right Repertoire for Handchime Ensembles
- Using Colors to Teach Music - Some Things to Consider
- Tips for Choosing Repertoire for Beginners
- Easy Secular Music for Handchimes
Join ChimeWorks today and gain access to our valuable information, resources and sharing community. Create an account here or, if you are already a member, login to gain access to our members area.